- A landscaped area along any street frontage is required with a minimum depth of 3 metres (excluding the driveway)
Nature Strip/Road Verge and Street Tree Landscaping
- The road verge/nature strip area adjoining the development site must be turfed and planted with appropriate upper canopy street trees at the rate of approximately 1 tree per 15 metres (measured stem to stem). Location of Street Trees are to be in accordance with Appendix B.
- Landscaping can incorporate hard and soft elements and be used to:
- Enhance the appearance of the development.
- Provide a human scale and recreation facilities for staff.
- Define, soften and enhance the area, building, building entries and car parking areas.
- Make a statement for the character and community spirit of the site occupant and the Industrial/Commercial area as an entity.
- Incorporate water sensitive urban design principals; and
- Contribute to the urban forest and reduce the effects of urban heat appendix B
- The design of outdoor lighting poles and fixtures must be such as to minimise visual impact during daylight.
- Bollard lights and wall mounted lights may be used at entrances to buildings and in setbacks along street frontages.
- Choice of material for poles should be related to other building materials, and may include cell cured pine, pre-cast concrete or hollow aluminum.
- The design of internal lighting and spotlighting is to be such as will ensure no adverse impact on approaching vehicles in terms of glare, blinding effects or driver confusion.
- All lighting must comply with AS 1158 - Lighting for Roads and Public Spaces and AS 4282 - Control of the obtrusive effects of outdoor lighting. Lighting in public space must have timer switches installed for managing time of operation and power consumption.