- To enable the development of a diversity of dwelling types; and
- To contribute to the availability of affordable housing on rural lots.
- Secondary dwellings must comply with the controls outlined above - except where the controls in this clause differ, in which case the controls below prevail.
- Secondary dwellings must be designed to complement the design of the principal dwelling and be subservient to the principal dwelling in terms of visual bulk and scale.
- Windows and private open spaces of secondary dwellings must not overlook the private open space of any adjacent dwellings.
- No additional car parking or private open space area is required for secondary dwellings; however, provisions must be made for clothes drying facilities in a location with adequate solar access.
- Any secondary dwelling must be setback behind the front building alignment of the principal dwelling.
- The front entrance of a secondary dwelling may be located behind the primary street façade.