- To ensure sense of place is maintained by ensuring that density and scale is in harmony with the existing character;
- To ensure that subdivision reflects and reinforces the predominant subdivision pattern of the area; and
- To ensure that large residential lots are able to accommodate new dwellings that do not hinder the orderly development of the site.
Minimum Lot Sizes
- The minimum lot size must comply with the minimum lot sizes as stated within the CLEP 2010.
- The lot should be rectangular in shape and consistent with the existing subdivision pattern.
Note: Lot sizes within the R5 zone varies depending on the location.
Minimum Lot Width
- The minimum lot width in the R5 zone is 25m.
- The lot must be able to accommodate a dwelling that is compliant with the residential controls within Part 4 this DCP.