This section applies to the E1 zoned land which forms the core of the Camden town centre (Figure 5-1).
- New development should complement or reinforce the retail functions of the centre, particularly along Argyle Street frontages and associated pedestrian accessways.
- Buildings should maintain and enhance the historic character of Argyle, Hill and John Streets in the town centre.
- Buildings fronting Argyle Street should incorporate awning structures into their front facades in a manner consistent with the prevailing character of existing buildings. These awnings will convenient and sheltered access for pedestrians at the frontage of the premises.
Heritage and Character
- The Camden township is located within the Camden Heritage Conservation Area. Reference must be made to Part 2 of this plan, with specific regard to Chapter 17.
- Development within the E1 Local Centre zone at Camden must be consistent with the Camden Town Centre Urban Design Framework.